For a midsize metro area, Springfield, Missouri has a long-standing economic growth record that’s not only respectable but enviable. The Springfield, MO economy is thriving:
- Springfield’s gross metro product has grown more than 11% in the last decade.
- Springfield is the economic hub for an area that spans 27 counties in Missouri and Arkansas and encompasses more than 1 million people.
- The Springfield metro area has experienced 15% job growth since the Great Recession.
- We weathered the recession and came out strong with a remarkably low 5.1% unemployment rate as of 2019, compared to 8.1% nationwide.
- In 2019, Greene County’s population grew 6.5%, while neighboring Christian County—the second fastest-growing county in Missouri—grew 16.5%.
As the third-largest city in Missouri, Springfield is a thriving and energetic metropolitan area that’s the perfect incubator for a wealth of industries and jobs. Grow in your career and come grow with us!