The holidays are almost here, and it’s crunch time to get presents. Rather than ordering from a big box retailer, have you considered shopping local this holiday season for the best presents Not only do you get to invest back into your community by supporting small businesses, but you can be sure that your gifts will be unique and loved by all. You can’t go wrong with a good, locally sourced gift!
If you need some help finding the perfect present, we’ve got Christmas list ideas for you. Let’s dive in!
Gifts for the Man’s Man
If their hobbies include growing a beard and watching football, you’ll want to grab these gifts:
- Springfield gear from 5 Pound Apparel. Wear your Springfield pride on your chest with a unique design from 5 Pound Apparel. Each shirt represents one of Springfield’s best differentiators, from the crazy weather to cashew chicken. The best part? Some of their most popular designs come in snuggly crewnecks so you won’t have to get cold to wear your favorite styles.
- A growler from 4 By 4. 4 By 4 Brewing Company has some of the most unique beers in town with options ranging from black IPAs to lagers and more. Just getting into beer? Get them some Sweet Wheels pale ale for a tasty, simple beer that anyone can enjoy. If they’re looking for a more adventurous flavor, check out the Hurts So Good stout, made with dozens of chocolate Hurts Donuts. Plus, they can go back and refill their growler with any flavor they want!
- A Manly Can. For the guy with more diverse interests, the Manly Can has got you covered. You can choose from themes like composting, the dapper man, barbecue, beer, fishing and more. Each can is filled with some great local goods from brands like The Grove Salsa Company and Redneck Nutz, and you can customize your can to your gift receiver’s needs. An added bonus – if you’re ordering from within Springfield, you can pick up your can in town for no shipping fee!
- A Reborn Co candle. The Reborn Co prides themselves on producing amazing soy wax candles that last for up to 80 hours. This veteran owned company carries masculine scents like apple tobacco, teakwood, blue flannel and many more. You can grab one from their website, a local retailer or their weekly pop-up at the Farmers Market of the Ozarks.
Woman About Town
Need a gift for the lady in your life? Look no further:
- A custom mask from Soap Refill Station. Grabbing a spa kit from the supermarket is so last year. Head over to the Soap Refill Station to make a custom face mask or scrub that she’s sure to love. You can choose from their pre-set recipes or consult with the Oil Bar specialist to select ingredients for a fully custom mask for anyone’s specific skincare needs. She definitely won’t get this gift from anyone else!
- A shopping trip to Town & Country. Buying clothes can be risky, and knowing someone’s style doesn’t always mean you’ll know their sizes. If you want to avoid the trouble of getting an item you’re not sure they’ll like, take her on a shopping spree instead! Whether she falls in love with one of their dazzling Kendra Scott pieces or trendy hobo bags, she’ll be able to pick the exact style she loves while enjoying an experience.
- Locally-made treasures from Local Bevy. Got a lover of unique, hand-made goods your list? Get them something as special as they are with an eye-catching keepsake from Local Bevy. Located at Pickwick and Cherry in Rountree, this one-of-a-kind storefront features an eclectic mix of handmade art and crafts, from adorable animal-shaped candle holders and hand-poured soy candles to locally made jewelry and decorations for all of life’s celebrations.
- A one-of-a-kind gift from Culture Flock. Culture Flock has been designing unique shirts, hats, pins, art prints and more since 2013, making a name for themselves online before opening up a brick and mortar store in Galloway Village. In addition to their own products, their brick and mortar store also houses several indie brands including Stay Home Club, Field Notes and more. Any gift from here is sure to impress!
For those who live by finding the best flavors in town, these are the gifts you’ll want to shop for:
- A Lavish Grazing tray. If you have a friend who loves being the best host or hostess in town, Lavish Grazing is there to help. Lavish produces incredible charcuterie trays that are just as beautiful as they are tasty. You’ll wonder why you’ve been making your own charcuterie trays for so long!
- Chocolate from Askinosie. The only thing that tastes better than chocolate is chocolate that’s ethically sourced. Askinosie commits themselves to producing fair trade chocolate and giving back to the communities where they source their cocoa. It helps that they produce some of the tastiest chocolate out there, too. They have products for chocolate fans of all tastes, including dark chocolate, milk chocolate, malt balls and roasted cocoa nibs.
- Community Supported Agriculture share from Millsap Farms. A Community Supported Agriculture, or CSA, allows you to buy into a share of a farm’s produce and receive fresh, local produce from a source you trust. When you gift a CSA share, you’re gifting access to fruits and vegetables grown right here in the Ozarks. You can’t really beat that.
- Workshops and Experiences at Finley Farms. This Christmas, give the gift of unforgettable memories with an experience from Finley Farms. Instead of traditional presents, treat your loved ones to a unique adventure they’ll cherish forever. Whether it’s a scenic horseback ride, a hands-on cooking class, or a relaxing wine tasting, Finley Farms offers a range of exciting experiences that cater to various interests. This thoughtful gesture will not only create lasting memories but also strengthen your bonds with the people you care about this holiday season.
Are you looking for a new city to make your start?Download our relocation guide and discover what your life could be in Springfield MO.